EQUINET - Zimbabwe
EQUINET, the Regional Network on Equity in Health in Southern Africa, is a network of professionals, civil society members, policy makers and others within the region who have come together to promote and realize shared values of equity and social justice in health.
EQUINET works through existing government, civil society, research and other mechanisms and institutions in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region and in southern and East Africa.
EQUINET works in a number of areas which are critical to the achievement of equity in health in Southern Africa:
- Understanding equity in health
- Promoting equity values in policy and practice, and using human rights as a tool for health equity
- Promoting health equity in economic and trade policy
- Understanding links between poverty, deprivation and health equity and improving household resources for health
- Informing and providing options for equitable health services
- Effective and participatory approaches to confronting inequity and attrition in health personnel
- Fair financing, including equitable allocation of health resources and equity in the mix of public and private health services
- Equity enhancing features of governance and participation in health systems
- Monitoring and measurement and policy analysis in support of health equity
EQUINET is co-ordinated at the Training and Research Support Centre Zimbabwe.
P.O. Box CY2720
Tel + 263 4 705108/708835
Fax + 263 4 737220
|< Prev||Next >|