Health Access Network is a non governmental organization (NGO) Incorporated under Ghana’s Companies’ Code, 1963 (Act 179) in November 2005 and obtained certificate of recognition as NGO on the 6th of July 2006
It operates under the vision of “Health for all people living in Ghana”
Its mission is to use innovative ways through networking and collaboration with relevant stakeholders to:
- Provide procurement services for medicines and other healthcare inputs to health institutions
- Train and build capacity of health workers to carry out quality health care services and
- Conduct research and advocate for increased public awareness of important health issues with more emphasis on AEM
HAN runs four main programs;
- HAN – Essential Medicines Program (HAN – EMP) under which it Supports health institutions to improve on the systems for procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals, supplies and logistics and provision of procurement services for mission and other private hospitals in Ghana.
- Training and development program – under which its goal is to increase training and deployment of requisite human resource mix consisting of Doctors, Pharmacists, Nurses and administrators and other health officers as team members to deal with effective and appropriate use of medicines in health facilities and to provide effective data management and dissemination for decision-making.
- Research program – it aims to provide education to the public to empower consumers to insist on standards for environmental hygiene in homes, communities, and restaurants/chop bars, and other public places.
- Advocacy program
Tel : 00233-244-280284
|< Prev||Next >|