- Stakeholders discuss access and rational use of essential medicines in Africa Medicine experts and stakeholders from 15 sub-Saharan countries converged in Nairobi to discuss issues surrounding access to and rational use of medicines
- Local manufacturers to receive technology transfer Pharmaceutical firm, Roche has entered into four new technology transfer agreements with local manufacturing companies in four African and Asian countries
- Access to information is fundamental to rational prescribing Irrational use of drugs contributes to death and suffering worldwide, and especially in developing countries.
- Civil society raises alarm on the effects of the Kenyan political crisis on health. The violent skirmishes that followed the post-election crisis in Kenya in late December 2007, have severely affected many Kenyan’s right to health.
- Consumer testimonies on affordability and availability of essential medicines in Kenya. According to regular medicine price and availability monitoring surveys, many Kenyans cannot access the medicines they need.
- Ghana commended for safety monitoring Ghana has been commended for playing a leading role in the establishment of safety monitoring systems for medicines in Africa.
Download the HAI Africa Network Update.